The amount of money which goes in buying new books for each semester in colleges and universities is huge and most students find it difficult to manage the cost of such books. If one adds up the entire cost of the semester and the books, it will be a huge amount which makes it quite an expensive affair. But a student can save this money on his college books by following a few tips. Let us take a look at these tips which can really help save money.
- The first and foremost option for a student is when it comes to buying their books is the college or university book stores. However these college book stores are extremely expensive as they charge more for these books by marking up the price higher than the price you will find elsewhere. Therefore you should look for stores or websites which have second hand university textbooks for sale and buy from there in order to save money.
- For instance, if you purchase books for each semester from your college book store, then you are likely to spend about $300 to $400 just for a single semester alone. Then this cost can be doubled for the entire semester which comes to about $600 to $800 for the books of two semesters or more. The number of books one buys depends upon the number of classes which increases the cost even more. Thus a student should look for websites or sellers who second hand text books at a lower price to cut down on their cost.
- If you are buying it from the university book store, you have the advantage of the convenience with which you buy as you do not have to go or travel in search of the book and so you also save time. You simply have to visit the campus store and pay for the books you want. Another advantage is that you surely get the books which you need as they are easily available.
- You can however ask for second hand books at the college bookstore as these books are sold at a lower price than the brand new ones. However, you do not have much selection or choice when it comes to such used books.
- You can buy used books from off campus stores or go online as such books are also available outside the campus. You can surely save money buying from online stores and off campus stores and you will also have the option of selecting the ones you want.
Thus a student can reduce their financial burden by purchasing used books online and save their money.